More updates on how City Plan 2030 moves forward will be posted here on the Planning Edinburgh blog.
We are holding an additional community workshop at Currie Library, 210 Lanark Road West on Monday 3 December from 6pm – 7.30pm. To book a place or to join the mailing list you can email the City Plan team at email@example.com.
We officially started using our current Local Development Plan (LDP) on the 24th of November 2016. This means that this time last week, our LDP turned one!
In celebration, we thought we would write a brief blog post to share with you five things we have achieved in the first year of our LDP.
- The LDP allocated almost 700 hectares of additional land for housing. This land could accommodate up to 10,000 new homes, meaning that we’ve now identified enough land in the city for over 31,000 houses.
- Of the newly allocated land, sites that could provide over 3,000 homes are already under construction and an additional 1,000 units have received planning consent.
- We adopted five Supplementary Guidance documents covering the City Centre Retail Core and the Tollcross, Corstorphine, Leith and Bruntsfield & Morningside Town Centres.
- We updated two planning guidelines – the Edinburgh Design Guidance and Development in the Countryside and Green Belt.
- We carried out our first feedback survey that asked you how effectively you’d been involved in the creation of the LDP. We look forward to engaging with you more as we move towards our next LDP, LDP 2.
Sign up to our blog mailing list for more exciting LDP updates!