We will be holding a drop-in session on proposed changes to our Guidance for Businesses and specifically the expanded section on short term lets.
- When: 1.00pm – 4.30pm on Wednesday 9 November
- Where: Planning and Building Standards front counter area at Waverley Court (4 East Market Street, Edinburgh, EH8 8BG)
Members of the planning team will be on hand to explain the proposed, answer any questions and get your feedback.
In 2021, Scottish Government legislation allowed councils to have a short-term let control area. In a control area, this means if that if a flat or a house, which is not the home you live in, is used for a short-term let, you will need planning permission.
Edinburgh’s short-term let control area has now been in place since 5 September 2022.
Come along if you
- live in an area where properties are let out for short breaks
- offer flats or houses for holiday lets in Edinburgh
- are an interested member of the public
Complete the online consultation here by 22 December 2022.
You must be logged in to post a comment.