The third annual Planning & Building Standards Customer Forum took place last week in the Council Chambers. We had a high response A wide range of customers including community councillors, planning and building agents, architects, developers and community groups took part in group discussions to provide us with valuable feedback on our services.
In the last year, there have been many changes and improvements across both Planning and Building Standards including a major ICT system upgrade and the introduction of a new Planning Pre-application Advice Service. We have been busy implementing two Improvement Plans, one for Planning and one for Building Standards, both making progress across three themes:
- Leadership and management
- Continuous improvement and performance
We are always trying to improve our customer service and looking for new ways of working to do things better.
The ways in which we share information was of particular interest to us this year. We communicate with our customers in a number of ways:
- Via the Planning & Building Standards Helpdesk, which can be accessed in person at Waverley Court, over the phone on 0131 529 3550 or by emailing email@example.com
- The Planning & Building Standards Portal which enables anybody to view planning applications and building warrants online whenever they want to
- Our website has a large amount of guidance for a wide range of different planning and building matters
- The City Plan 2030 project regularly publishes newsletter & holds workshops
- The Building Standards Newsletter
- Community council training events
- Development and Civic Forums
- Committee Webcasts
- On Twitter @planningedin
- And via this blog – planningedinburgh.com
There was also an update on City Plan 2030. The main consultation stage for City Plan 2030 – ‘Choices for City Plan 2030’ is planed to start in December and we are currently arranging the details of our engagement events. You can find out more about the timetable and how we will be preparing City Plan 2030 in our new Development Plan Scheme. You can keep up to date with the City Plan 2030 project on this blog or contact us or subscribe to our newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planning and Building Standards Customer Forum is held every year, providing the opportunity for customers and Council officers to get together to discuss our services. If you are interested in attending next year’s Forum, or wish to provide us with your feedback regarding any of the above, please get in touch via email@example.com.
Thank you again to all who came along, and we look forward to welcoming you to our next Customer Forum in 2020.