As covered previously, City Plan 2030 is moving forward ahead of a new timetable to be published in August this year. As part of a continued schedule of sessions to gather and build on our evidence needed for the plan we held a workshop to share our progress on City Plan 2030 to a number of people from key agencies and infrastructure providers who we are looking to involve in the project. By involving these organisations we can have proper regard for the provision of infrastructure in the plan.
The discussions were based around the choices we will have to make on key issues facing the city for the next decade. These included:
- Where growth is to be allowed and what impact this would have on transport, energy networks, water and drainage, public health, etc.
- How to support and plan for different sectors of industry.
- How to best deal with travel and connectivity in and across the city.
- Changes to infrastructure coming from carbon neutral targets and technological change.
- How the plan will impact future investment in infrastructure.
The workshop was a chance for these agencies to find out more about City Plan 2030, and for us to update them on our progress and next steps.
The event not only allowed us to discuss and take in the views of key specialist agencies and continue to involve them in the making of the plan, but it has also allowed us to take into account the work they are doing and keep them updated on how City Plan may affect their own work in the future, e.g. where better public transport or active travel routes may be needed in the future.
This collaborative working will allow us to bring together a wider range of considerations for a joined-up plan which is more efficient, effective and fair.
Keep track of how this work will progress, and any City Plan 2030 updates by:
- Visiting the website at gov.uk/cityplan2030
- Subscribing to this blog at https://planningedinburgh.com
- Following us on twitter at @planningedin
- Join in the conversation by using the #cityplan2030 hashtag
Subscribe to the newsletter by emailing us at email@example.com