As we approach the end of 2018, we took the chance to reflect on what we’ve done so far and found that over the year we’d held 31 engagement events across the city. This included:
- 9 school workshops
- 8 community briefings
- 6 community workshops
- 3 community planning partner discussions
- 1 training session
- 1 library display and
- 3 topic events on housing, offices/industry and visitor accommodation
At the events we’ve been asking people “what makes a great place and what should be in our Choices document to be published as part of our main consultation in 2019”. We’ll share much more on this in the new year – so subscribe to the blog for updates straight to your inbox!
The main consultation for City Plan 2030 will take place in 2019 and will set out the main choices that we need to make as we prepare the next plan. We’re keen for people to get involved and you can keep up to date with the project by:
- Visiting the website: edinburgh.gov.uk/cityplan2030
- Subscribing to this blog
- Following us on twitter at @planningedin
- Join in the conversation by using the #cityplan2030 hashtag
- Subscribe to the newsletter by emailing us at email@example.com
We are currently looking at revising the project timetable and will make an announcement on that in January.
In the meantime, Merry Christmas from all of us in the City Plan team!